FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS LISTED BELOW AND ATTACHED.
There are two (2) writing submissions required in H100. A description of the assignments is provided below. These assignments will assess your critical and creative thinking skills, written communication skills, and most importantly, your ability to demonstrate mastery of the H100 material.
(A) Sentence Outline
Your outline will be no less than one (1) page and no more than two (2) pages in length (double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman Font, and one-inch margins). You will write an outline of the question you plan to answer in your argumentative DISSERTATION. Your outline will include an attention step, the thesis, major points of evidence, supporting points of evidence, and a conclusion. Your outline will provide clear detail about what you plan to write in your argumentative DISSERTATION. Paragraph C lists the topics for the outline and DISSERTATION.
The outline is graded as pass/fail, and is due at the end of lesson H111. See H100 Annex D: Creating a Sentence Outline for specific instructions on creating a sentence outline. H100 Annex D also contains an example outline for your reference. A DDE faculty member will return your outline with comments on how to improve your argument. The feedback you receive at this point of the process can save you a great deal of frustration later. You must attach the graded outline with your argumentative DISSERTATION when you turn in that requirement.
You MUST submit your H100 outline for grading and faculty feedback prior to starting work on the H100 argumentative DISSERTATION. You must receive a “pass” on this assignment before you can submit your DISSERTATION. Department of Distance Education (DDE) will not accept your H100 DISSERTATION for grading until you have received a passing score on the outline. Furthermore, you are required to submit a copy of your graded outline with faculty comments when you submit your DISSERTATION.
Finally, you must complete the customized 1009w writing evaluation form for the history outline. You will complete the self-assessment portion and submit the 1009w form when you submit the outline for grading.
(B) Argumentative DISSERTATION
Your DISSERTATION will be no less than three (3) pages and no more than five (5) pages in length (double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman Font, and one-inch margins). You will answer ONE of the questions listed below in Paragraph C. This DISSERTATION is due at the end of lesson H112 (the end of the block), and is worth 60% of the H100 grade.
The argumentative DISSERTATION will conform to the writing standards found in:
• H100 Annex A: A Concise DMH Style Guide
• H100 Annex B: Tips for Writing History DISSERTATIONs
• H100 Annex C: The Argumentative DISSERTATION
• ST 22-2 Leader Communication (June 2012)
• CGSC Form 1009w for writing evaluation
Your DISSERTATION must include a title page, documentation (endnotes or footnotes), and a bibliography.
Always cite your sources. If something is not your original thought, you need to cite your source using either footnotes or endnotes IAW the Turabian style of documentation; do not use parenthetical citations. This includes direct quotations, paraphrases, and summaries of the assigned readings, doctrinal references, or outside sources. You may use the H100 online lessons, readings, and references to help you prepare your assignment. Refer to ST 22-2 for guidance about citations and footnotes. You may also refer to A Manual for Writers of Research DISSERTATIONs, Theses, and Dissertations (7th edition).
You must include the question you are answering on your cover sheet. Keep in mind that while you may discuss the implications of your answer for today’s military, THIS IS A HISTORY DISSERTATION. You will be assessed on your ability to use history as a tool for informing professional judgment.
You must include the graded outline with your instructor’s comments as part of your submission.
(C) Choose ONE of the following two (2) topics:
1. Which characteristic of the Western way of war best exemplifies warfare in the American Civil War? Use evidence from H100 to substantiate your argument.
2. Which theorist best characterizes the nature of World War I—Jomini or Clausewitz? Use evidence from one of these theorists and from H100 to substantiate your argument.
(D) Final considerations
To do well on the H100 argumentative DISSERTATION, you must do the following:
1. Receive a “pass” on your outline prior to beginning work on the DISSERTATION.
2. Use the faculty feedback for the outline to make your DISSERTATION a better product.
3. Use evidence (specific examples) from H100 to substantiate your argument. The DISSERTATION is worth 60% of the block grade, and providing evidence in your writing is a requirement.
4. Make sure you are answering the question being asked. Read the question thoroughly.
5. Do not provide a simple summation to the question. You must write an argumentative DISSERTATION, and hence argue your point of view supported by specific examples and/or theory from the H100 block of lessons.
6. Demonstrate your ability to use history as a tool for informing military judgment.
7. Use the Turabian style of documentation to cite your sources. Use either footnotes or endnotes; do not use parenthetical citations.
Place your order now for a similar DISSERTATION and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions